5th Shiparrested.com Members’ Meeting, 8-10 May 2008, Riga, Latvia
Our fifth Members’ Meeting took place this time in Riga, chaired by our exclusive Latvian member, Edward Kuznetsov. Like in earlier years, this three-day event turned out to be a highly valuable business meeting. The Members’ Conference privileged the seminar day, but also included a welcoming reception, dinners, and an exciting social program with a tour of Riga and bobsleighing.
The meeting was not only about networking and interaction with a diverse mix of members and guests, the conference was also about sharing interesting topics by top members of our network as follows:
– “Ship arrest in Romania. Applicability of International Conventions” by Adrian Cristea
– “Conventional and non-convential arrest of vessel in Slovenia” by Peter kos
– “Ukrainian shipping in change: overview” by Arthur Nitsevych & Nikolay Melnikov
– “Criminal prosecutions in the UK for breaches of merchant shipping regulations” by Russel Kelly
– “Ship Arrest pending Enforcement of Arbitration Award in Italy” by Alberto Batini
– “Arrest of ships in Portugal – Law and Practice” by Ana Cristina Pimentel
– “Beneficial ownership” by Tony Swinnerton (UK)
– “Marine Investigation and Vessel Tracking – Theory and Practice” by Gerda Verstappen
– “A few minefields in the 1976 LLMC Convention in Belgium” by Steven D’Hoine
– Aleksandrs Abuzjarovs, Marine Legal Services, Latvia
To have a look at the Conference Papers, please click on the following link www.shiparrested.com/wp-content/uploads/riga-conference-agenda.pdf
We already look forward to welcoming you next year to Cyprus. Details will be circulating in due time.